It’s no secret that to register in any modern social network or application you will need to specify your phone number. This is done in order to verify the user and protect the system from fraudsters, fake profiles, botnetting, and more.
But what do you do if you need to create multiple accounts or you just do not want to show your personal mobile number? There is a solution – a temporary phone number for texting. Today we’ll talk about the features of this service, as well as its main purpose.
What is a temporary phone number for SMS?
To begin with, it is worth describing what in general a temporary number service is. In essence, you are simply given access to receive messages on a certain cloud phone number, which is active for a limited period of time. The approximate validity of such phone numbers is about a dozen minutes, which is quite enough to perform registration. Temporary numbers can be leased for any services, including very obscure ones.
Why do I need a temporary phone number?
Security, of course, is not the only argument. There can be various situations when a person doesn’t want to show his real phone number for fear of personal data leakage, telephone spam and advertising. It may be used both for commercial purposes and for personal purposes. Here are a few examples:
- Registration on sites and services. A temporary number is useful if you’ve already used your own and don’t have another one handy. You don’t have to buy a SIM card for the sake of one registration.
- Protection of personal data. It’s no secret that phone numbers are often registered to real names. Therefore, a temporary number will depersonalize you.
- Preventing phone hacking. Especially if your real number is tied to banking and other financial applications. Use a temporary number for everything else.
What are the benefits of temporary phone numbers?
There are a number of reasons why users prefer virtual numbers over mobile or landline numbers:
- A temporary phone number allows you to keep your privacy. If your SIM card is linked to your name, payment cards and other documents, then the online number can be used completely anonymously.
- Money saving. The cost of renting a virtual number is much lower, especially when it comes to a large number of SIM-cards for an entire company.
- Virtual temporary phone is not tied geographically to your current location. You can buy phone number from any country in the world.
- You can connect very quickly. You do not need to buy additional SIM cards and especially phones, you do not need to conclude different contracts, etc. All you need is to register on the website which provides this service.
How to get a temporary phone number using the service SMS-man
The virtual number provider SMS-man has long been a leader in SMS verification services. The website offers a list of temporary numbers from over 200 different countries around the world, which you can use to verify your registration with virtually any website or application.
Follow the simple instructions on how to get a temporary phone number for registrations:
1. Open sms-man.com and go to the registration page. Enter all data required for registration – your e-mail address
your e-mail address and password;
2. Once you are logged in, you will need to make a deposit of the amount needed for the purchase. You can do
this by clicking on the button “Payment” in the top menu of the website.
3. When you have completed all above steps, choose one of the countries of the future virtual phone number on the main page
country and service you would like to register.
4. Press the “Buy” button next to the selected service.
The desired temporary phone number will then be automatically added to your personal account and is fully ready to use.